TRAINEE GOLDSMITH POSITION
FLEXI-TIME | MINIMUM 3 DAYS PER WEEK | POSTED 19.01.19
Working in Stonechat Jewellers presents a steep and rewarding learning curve – it’s a thrilling place to be!
As our shop and workshops are getting busier and busier, we are on the lookout for a budding trainee goldsmith to work in our in-house workshop. This exciting position will also include looking after our lovely customers and getting involved in the many, many varied aspects of running a contemporary jewellery business.
This is a challenging and dynamic opportunity for someone who is eager to learn and already has a feeling for the world of jewellery.
To be a part of the Stonechat team, we would like you to have:
- Energy, dynamism and enthusiasm, with a willingness to get stuck in, demonstrating a great work ethic
- Some basic jewellery making experience (filing, piercing, soldering, etc.)
- Good hand-eye coordination and a love of detail
- Good interpersonal skills and be well presented
- Experience in customer service and/or retail
- An interest in design and jewellery
- Fluent English and some computer skills
- Flexibility to work at the weekend
What’s in it for you (craic aside!):
- Structured goldsmith training
- An insight into the jewellery trade
- Experience dealing with bespoke projects
- Opportunity to progress within the team
- Working knowledge of a busy retail environment
Does this sound like you? And do you like what you’ve read about the Stonechat team and our growing business? Send us a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – don’t forget to let us know why you think you are perfect for the job!
We promise to get in touch with all applicants. A bench test is part of our interview process which will introduce you to our workshop and test some basic skills. Don’t worry, it won’t be scary! We don’t expect trainees to work for free – this is a paid position with a minimum of 3 days a week.
We’re hoping to recruit as soon as possible so don’t delay!