Diamonds are brilliant, bright and beautiful! They are precious stones consisting of a crystalline form of pure carbon, and they are exactly this, whether they are formed naturally or in a laboratory.
- Lab diamonds have a lower environmental impact than their naturally sourced counterparts.
- They are less expensive than natural diamonds, typically between 20% – 40% less than a diamond of the same quality.
- They are available in the same variety of shapes that natural diamonds can be cut to.
- Lab diamonds are created by recreating the conditions that cause diamonds to form deep within the earth’s crust – by applying extreme heat and pressure to carbon. Minute variations during the formation process mean that just as in the natural world, no two lab made diamonds will be identical.
- A standard diamond tester cannot distinguish between lab made and natural diamonds. In fact, the only possible way to tell is by a tiny inscription that is put onto lab diamonds to identify them, and this can only be seen with highly sophisticated machinery!
We are always happy to source a lab made diamond for you for any of our diamond rings, or for a bespoke piece. Book an appointment to come in and chat with one of our goldsmiths, and we would be delighted to go through all of the options with you!